Hair spray is really useful when it comes to sculpting and styling your hair. Whenever you have a hot date or a formal event that you have to go to, looking your best is very important. This is where the hair spray can really make a big difference.
But using hair spray doesn’t always have positive effects. There are those unfortunate instances wherein you accidentally get some of the hair spray on the carpet fibers instead of your hair. This can be really tough since the hair spray can leave behind an ugly stain while also causing your carpet fibers to get clumped together.
So what should you do if ever you have this problem at home? Well, check out the guide below to help you in dealing with this very situation.
1. Blot as much of the hair spray on the carpet as you can to help prevent it from setting. This will also be really useful in order to minimize the effect of the hair spray on the carpet fibers. You can use a clean white cloth or some paper towels to accomplish this task.
2. The next thing that you should do is to make a cleaning agent that will be effective in removing the hair spray stain out of the carpet. You can do this quite easily by using a combination of one cup warm water and one teaspoon of white vinegar. Once you have the solution ready, place it in an empty container and then proceed with the next step.
3. Apply just enough of the cleaning solution to soak the stain on your carpet. Then, let about two or three minutes pass before you go to the next step. This will allow the cleaning solution to work on the hair spray stain.
4. Blot the stained area of the carpet by using a clean white cloth. Make sure you blot your way from the outside of the stain moving inward in order to get the best results. This also helps in preventing any of the stain from spreading to other areas of the carpet.
5. Repeat the previous step until you are able to completely eliminate the stain on the carpet. This won’t be easy and may take a while but eventually your carpet will be clean and spotless once again.
6. For the last step, pour a glass of room temperature water on the stain to remove any residue that could get left behind. Then, dry everything with some clean towels and you’re through.