Soda is something that everybody enjoys. It is a very popular drink which just makes your snacks and meals all the more delicious. An ice-cold glass of soda is perfect to enjoy while enjoying a great movie or watching your favorite sports in the living room with friends and family.
This really popular drink is a big hit among kids and adults alike. When you are enjoying your soda though you should be careful not to inadvertently spill it on your beautiful carpet at home as this can lead to a very troublesome mess that you do not want to have.
Cleaning up the soda stains on your carpet is not an easy job but somebody has to do it. If you want some help in making this task more manageable, check out the useful guide below.
• Absorb the spilled soda on your carpet right away using a clean sponge or a white cloth. Extracting the spilled liquid is always important to do immediately to have the best chance of limiting the effect that it will have on your carpet.
• With the carpet already cleared of the excess liquid, the next step is to face the ugly stain that is ruining the appearance of your carpet. To do this you will need a cleaning solution. If you do not have any available in your home you can always make one yourself by combining a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water.
• Apply some of the cleaning solution you have on the stained area of your carpet. Leave it there for three minutes to let it work on the soda stain on the carpet. After doing so, move on to the next step.
• Get a clean white cloth or some paper towels and begin to blot the soda stain again and again. You should blot from the outer portion of the soda stain moving inward to get the best results. Repeat this step as often as necessary until you successfully get rid of the soda stain on the carpet.
• Eliminate the residue which could get left behind on your carpet by rinsing the area where you spilled the soda with a cup of water. After doing so just dry off the carpet using a clean rag to complete the process of restoring your carpet’s beauty back to normal.
Cleaning up the soda stains on your carpet may seem tough but with the guide above you will be able to do it without breaking a sweat. Good luck!