Milk is really important for growing kids and likewise for adults who need the calcium to keep their bones nice and strong. Milk is full of vitamins and minerals which help keep us healthy and it doesn’t hurt that milk is really tasty too.
Milk nowadays comes in many different kinds and flavors. One very popular kind of milk is strawberry milk which is a big hit with kids of all ages. You can make your very own strawberry milk using fresh strawberries at home or if you prefer there are many ready to drink products in your grocery store too.
While strawberry milk can be very tasty and healthy, it can cause a big headache if you accidentally spill it all over your carpet. This is not something that any homeowner would want to experience but sadly it is a common occurrence. If you have this problem at home, follow the guide below to clean up this problem quickly and effectively.
1. Extract the spilled milk on the carpet by using a clean white cloth or sponge. Remember not to wipe or rub on the spilled area as this will only cause the spill to spread. Just blot the area until you have removed as much of the spilled strawberry milk.
2. Make a cleaning solution that will remove the milk stain by mixing a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of warm water. This will be a potent solution that will be sure to eliminate the strawberry milk stain. If you prefer, you can likewise use a commercial cleaning solution that you may have on hand.
3. Pour the cleaning solution of your choice onto the strawberry milk stain on your carpet. Let it set for about three minutes before using a clean white cloth or paper towel to blot the affected area.
4. Repeat the previous step until all of the milk stain is removed. It may take you a few tries before you see the results you are looking for so it is important to stay patient and continue doing the step until the entire stain is gone.
5. The last step is removing any unwanted residue that could get left behind your carpet fibers. To do this, get a cup of clean water and pour it onto the area where the spill occurred. Then, use a clean towel or rag to dry everything completely.