Having hard, dry cough can really be a bummer. It is a very annoying sickness which is really uncomfortable and weak which is why you never want to have it especially if you are at work or if you have an exam at school.
Luckily, there are a lot of medical advancements now which is why cough can be treated very easily with cough syrup. Drinking this syrup a couple of times a day will ensure that you are cough-free in just a matter of days.
Cough syrup though is not something that you want spilled on your carpet as it can cause a dark, ugly stain which will ruin its appearance. This is the reason why learning how to remove cough syrup spills on the carpet is essential for any homeowner. Check out the guide below to help you out in case you are currently dealing with cough syrup spills on your carpet at home.
• Acting fast is really important if you are dealing with this kind of problem. This is because the faster you act, the higher the chances that you are able to clean up the mess before it has seeped deeper into the carpet fibers. If you allow it to set you could be in for a very difficult time getting rid of this stubborn stain.
• First you must remove the spilled cough syrup on the carpet. Take a paper towel and slowly blot the spilled cough syrup. This will help extract it from the carpet fibers. Remember not to rub or scrub the spill as it will only make the problem worse.
• Get a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and combine it with ¾ liters of warm water. This will help create a cleaning solution that will fight the stain on your carpet. Once you have this solution ready, apply it onto the stained area of the carpet and then allow it to set.
• Use a clean white cloth and slowly blot the affected portions of the carpet. This helps in lifting the cough syrup stain from the carpet and onto the cloth’s surface. Go on doing this until the whole stain is gone.
• Get a glass of cool water and pour it onto the carpet. This will aid in removing any residue that could cause build-up on your carpet fibers. Afterward, get some clean towels and dry the area completely.
Cough syrup spills may be really hard to clean up on the carpet but luckily it can be done. Just remember the guide above so that you will already know how to deal with this problem if ever it happens on your carpet.