Adding cheese dip can make delicious potato chips, fries, and many other different kinds of foods even tastier. It can provide added flavor which many people enjoy which is why cheese dip has become increasingly used by people all across the country.
But cheese dip can sometimes create a mess too if you are not careful. Not paying attention while you are using cheese dip can result in you accidentally spilling it and getting it all over your beautiful carpet.
Cheese dip spills on the carpet are not something that you would want to have. This is because it can be really tough to clean up and the spill will cause a very stubborn and ugly stain that will affect the way that your carpet looks. If you are dealing with this problem at home, you should do everything you can to clean it up. Follow the guide above to help you in getting your carpet back to normal in no time.
1. Scoop up the cheese dip spilled on the carpet using a dull knife or spoon. Do this as quickly as you can so that you can prevent the dip from seeping into the carpet fibers. You must be careful when doing this though as you can accidentally spread the mess if you are not cautious.
2. Next, mix a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water to make a cleaning solution that will help get rid of the cheese dip stain. White vinegar is great since it will break down the stain and will get your carpet clean once more. Place the solution you have made in an empty container and proceed to the next step.
3. Use some of the cleaning solution you have made onto the stained area of the carpet. Make sure that you don’t use too much of the solution as it will only cause residue to get left behind. Only use enough to cover the stain.
4. After letting the solution soak the stain for a couple of minutes, use a clean white cloth and blot the area repeatedly. This causes the stain to become lighter and lighter and very soon your carpet will be completely stain-free. Just remember to keep on blotting the stain and reapplying the cleaning solution if needed until your carpet is spotless again.
5. Rinse the carpet area you finished cleaning with a cup of cool water to help remove any residue. Then, use a clean rag or towel to dry off the area completely.