Cooking oil is one of the commonly used items inside the kitchen. It is utilized to cook your favorite dishes and recipes which certainly makes us smack our lips. Cooking oil is certainly one item which you cannot fail to have since it is very useful and is used on a daily basis.
But cooking oil does create some cleaning problems if you are not careful when you are using it. An example of this is when you accidentally spill the cooking oil all over your carpet. This is not uncommon as some people are not really careful when they are handling cooking oil.
If you have this exact same mess at home you are probably scratching your head in finding a way to clean it up. It is not actually that hard as long as you know the proper steps to take. Check out the guide below to help you in cleaning up cooking oil stains on your carpet.
1. First, remove the spilled cooking oil by getting a clean paper towel and blotting the affected area. Do this as soon as you can so that you can prevent the oil from spreading on the carpet.
2. Next, you need to create a cleaning solution that will get rid of the cooking oil stain. You can make this by mixing a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with four cups of warm water. The detergent is really useful in getting rid of oil-based stains so that you can effectively eliminate the cooking oil stain on your carpet.
3. Apply some of the cleaning solution onto the stained area of the carpet and then let it set for a couple of minutes. Then, get a soft bristle brush and slowly brush the stained area of the carpet. This is so that the oil based stain will slowly be removed from the fibers of your carpet. Don’t brush too hard though as this can damage the carpet fibers.
4. After brushing the stain a couple of times, use some of the cleaning solution once again. Get a clean white cloth and then slowly blot the stained area repeatedly. This will help in removing the tough stain on your carpet and transfer it onto the surface of the cloth. After doing this several times your carpet will surely be nice and clean once again.
5. With the cooking oil stain finally gone, the only thing that you have left to do is to flush out any residue that could get left behind on the carpet. You can do this by rinsing the area you just cleaned with some clean water and then drying the area completely with some clean towels.