Halloween is not complete without having a Jack-o-Lantern in your home. Making it can be very fun and is a great experience to share with your son or daughter. It can surely make Halloween that much more spooky and a whole lot more enjoyable.
But sometimes while you are making your Jack-o-Lantern accidents can occur and you could end up with a big mess which could cause a stain on your carpet. Pumpkin stains are not that rare and can really be a very difficult problem to deal with for any carpet owner. Having a big, orange mark on your carpet is not something that you would want to remain after Halloween which is why cleaning up this mess is very important. Here is a guide that may be of use to you in trying to clean up the pumpkin stains on your carpet at home.
1. Start the process by extracting the pumpkin particles on your carpet. You could use a blunt knife or spoon for this task. Carefully scoop up the pumpkin on your carpet and then proceed to the next step once you are done.
2. Next, you will have to make a cleaning solution which will work to combat the pumpkin stain that is left on the carpet. For this you can mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a quart of water. Put some of the detergent-based cleaning solution in a spray bottle and then bring it to the affected area of the carpet.
3. Spray the stained portion of the carpet a couple of times with the cleaning solution. Then, allow it to set for about five minutes. This will let the cleaning solution do its purpose of breaking down the pumpkin stain.
4. Use a clean white cloth to blot the stain repeatedly. Blotting will help lift and transfer the pumpkin stain from the carpet and onto the cloth’s surface. You will not immediately get all of the stain out of the carpet which is why you must stay patient and continue blotting until the stain is completely gone.
5. Rinsing the carpet before finishing up is a really important step that some homeowners forget to do. Rinse the carpet with a cup of clean water and then use clean rags to dry the area up. This helps prevent any residue from getting left behind on your carpet.
In just a few simple steps you will be able to clean up the pumpkin stain on your carpet. That way, you will be able to get your carpet back to normal and continue to enjoy making that Jack-o-Lantern and make Halloween more enjoyable.