Pancakes are probably the most loved breakfast treat by millions of people all over the world. They are extremely tasty and are also fun to eat since you can spray whipped cream faces or add strawberry slices to make it look like a flower. But in order to enjoy pancakes there is something that you must have and that is maple syrup.
Maple syrup adds sweetness and flavor to the pancakes which make it all the more delicious. But if you are handling maple syrup then you should try to be extra careful. This is because accidentally spilling it on the rug can result in a very problematic stain that will be tough to remove.
Stains on the rug are not something that homeowners look forward to but it should certainly be done properly in order to get the rug clean and looking normal again. Check out some of the steps that you can try to help you eliminate the maple syrup stains on your rug at home.
• Begin the process by blotting the spilled maple syrup on the rug using a clean paper towel. This step is aimed at removing the spilled syrup so that it can be preventing from affecting other parts of the rug. It is also vital so that you can proceed in cleaning the ugly stain it has caused easily.
• After you have removed as much of the syrup on the rug, the next step is to prepare a cleaning agent that will help get rid of the stain. You can try combining a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with three cups of warm water to make a potent cleaning solution. Place the resulting solution in an empty container and then bring it with you to the stained portion of the rug.
• Pour some of the cleaning solution you have made onto the maple syrup stain on the rug and then let a couple of minutes pass to allow the solution to work on the stain. Afterward, use a clean white cloth and start blotting the syrup stain continuously.
• Repeat the previous step until all of the stain on your rug is removed. The process will sometimes take several attempts before you see results so it is vital that you keep at it until the stain is gone.
• Use a glass of water to flush out any unwanted residue that could get left behind on the rug. Then, use a clean towel or rag to dry everything so that you can use the area once again.