Shiny shoes can really make a big difference in improving your overall appearance. Having a nice suit is okay but if you don’t have clean and shiny shoes then your overall look will be affected.
Luckily you can use shoe polish to help you get your shoes nice and shiny. It is really simple to use and it is also relatively inexpensive. You just have to be careful not to accidentally get it on your rug as doing so can result in a pretty ugly mess. This will leave behind an nasty stain that will instantly ruin the appearance of your rugs at home.
Cleaning shoe polish stains on the rug is not the easiest task in the world but it is certainly essential in order for you to keep it looking nice and clean. Check out the guide below to help you in case you are also dealing with shoe polish stains on your rug.
• The first step that you will need to take is to clear the shoe polish on your rug. Immediately use a paper towel and blot the affected area of the rug. Just remember not to rub on the shoe polish as this will only spread the latter instead of removing it.
• Afterward, you will have to create an effective cleaning solution that will aid in removing the shoe polish stain. You can make one on your own by mixing a teaspoon of clear ammonia with a cup of warm water. Combine these two ingredients and then place the resulting solution inside an empty spray bottle.
• Spray the affected area of the rug a couple of times using the cleaning solution you have prepared. Let it set for about three minutes before moving on to the next step.
• Use a clean white cloth and start blotting the stained area continuously until it is completely removed. It will sometimes take several attempts before you area able to completely get rid of the stain but just remember to stay patient until your rug is nice and clean once more.
• The last step is to rinse the rug area which you just cleaned with a cup of warm water. This is to eliminate any residue that could get left behind on your rug. After you have finished rinsing the carpet, use a clean towel or rag to dry the area thoroughly. Once you have finished rinsing the area where the stain used to be, get a clean rag and dry the rug completely.