Cleaning your carpet at home is not a task that homeowners are looking forward to. Sadly, it is something that you will need to do quite often because of all the different kinds of cleaning problems that can happen on your carpet at home. One such problem is having soft drinks such as sodas and colas getting accidentally spilled on your carpet.
Soft drinks are really popular among kids and adults alike and there is no question why as it’s very refreshing and goes well with almost anything. If ever you spill it on your carpet though it can be very problematic so cleaning it properly is very important. Check out the guide below to find out how to properly deal with this kind of mess on your carpet at home.
• Use a clean white cloth or a paper towel to blot the spilled liquid that is on your carpet. Do this quickly and slowly so that you can extract as much of the soft drink spill as possible.
• Get a 1/2 cup of clean water and then pour it on where the soft drink stain is located. This is helpful in diluting the stain so that it will not set immediately. After applying the water, use a clean paper towel to blot the area.
• Use a cleaning solution using on the soft drink stain to help eliminate it. If there is no available cleaning solution in your household, just make a cleaning solution using some items you can find t home. Mixing a teaspoon of dish washing liquid with a cup of warm water will certainly be a very good substitute for any commercial cleaning solution.
• Pour a small amount of cleaning solution on the effected area and then leave it there for about three minutes. Afterwards, use a clean white cloth to blot the affected area slowly so that you can remove the soft drink stain effectively. Keep on blotting the stain until you have removed it completely. This may not happen immediately but just be patient until you see that your carpet is stain-free once more.
• For the final step in the process, remove any residue that may be left behind on your carpet fibers by using a cup of water to rinse the area that you have just cleaned. Then dry the area thoroughly before using the area once more.