Pets around the house are really fun and enjoyable. They add smiles and laughter to any home and they also give you the companionship and friendship that you and your family will surely treasure. Cats are some of the most popular pets around. Sadly, like most pets, cleaning up after them can sometimes be really tough.
One situation which many cat owners encounter is having their cats spill the cat food they are eating on the rug. While solid cat foods will not cause any major issues, cat food which has some liquid or sauce in it can be the complete opposite. If you spill this type of cat food then you could be in for a tough time cleaning it up.
Dealing with this kind of problem is not easy but it can be made a lot more manageable with the right advice. Follow the tips below to help you in cleaning up the spilled cat food on your beautiful rug at home.
• Use a clean spoon or dull knife to slowly scoop up the spilled cat food on your rug. Pick up the solid food particles first and then once you are done use some paper towels to blot the liquid or the sauce which has been spilled.
• After clearing the rug of the spilled cat food, the next phase is to make a cleaning agent that you will use in eliminating the ugly stain that the cat food spill has caused. You don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money for this particular step as all you would need is a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and four cups of warm water. Mix this and you’ll have a very effective cleaning agent for the stain.
• Use a few drops of the cleaning agent that you made using the non-bleach laundry detergent on the cat food stain. Let it stand there for 2 minutes so that it can work its magic. After leaving it there for 2 minutes, use a clean white cloth to blot the stain continuously.
• Continue to blot the cat food stain until there is no more trace of it left on your rug. It may not always happen that quickly but just remember to keep at it until your rug is spotless once more.
• The last thing that you should do is to make sure that there is no more residue that is left behind on the rug. Pour a glass of clean water on the area that you just cleaned and then dry everything using a wet/dry vac. After this your rug will be clean and just like it did before the spill.