Enjoying a sunny afternoon at home having a barbecue with some friends or family is an excellent way to spend a day. Grilling some burgers and steaks for you and your buddies while watching the football game is definitely something is definitely something everyone will look forward to.
But sometimes, eating your burgers or steaks in the living room while watching the game can cause headaches for the homeowner. This is because there is a high chance that someone in your group will accidentally drop their food resulting in the barbecue sauce making a nasty stain on your gorgeous rug.
While this situation may seem very bleak for the rug owner, it is surely not something that does not have a solution. Take a look at the guide below so that you can find out how you can address this particular problem if it happens in your home.
• Get a paper towel and blot the barbecue sauce spilled on your rug right away. This is going to help remove the excess sauce so that it doesn’t affect other portions of the rug. Continue to blot the barbecue sauce until you can no longer remove anything from the rug.
• Pour a small amount of isopropyl rubbing alcohol on an absorbent pad. Then, use it to blot the barbecue sauce stain on the rug. The rubbing alcohol will help in removing some of the stain so that it will be easier to clean up completely.
• Use a cleaning solution composed of one part non-bleach laundry detergent and five parts warm water on the affected area of the rug. Make sure that you let the solution work on the stain first for a few minutes so that it will have the opportunity to break it down. Afterwards, use a clean white cloth to blot the ugly stain on your rug continuously.
• Continue to blot the sauce stain using the clean white cloth until all of it will be completely removed. This may take a while but just stay patient until your rug is clean and spotless once again.
• The final step in the process is to make sure that there is no residue that will get left behind on the rug fibers. To do this, get a glass of room temperature water and pour it on the area where the barbecue sauce was spilled. Then, dry everything thoroughly with the help of a wet/dry vac or a clean towel.